Canton, MA - December 4, 2012 - Pro-Link is a new distributor partner of Deardorff Fitzsimmons, maker of the Activate Bleach Dilution System, an EPA-registered hospital cleaner and disinfectant.
Activate is a convenient and accurate two-bottle sprayer system that automatically mixes and dispenses the CDC-recommended 10% sodium hypochlorite disinfectant solution for use on hard, non-porous surfaces. It is fast and effective against C.DIFF, HIV-1, HBV, VRE, and MRSA.
Infection is a patient safety issue in all types of medical facilities including hospitals, nursing homes, and outpatient facilities. This announcement comes at a time when hospital environmental service departments are challenged to comply with lengthy product dwell times, while attempting to meet the demanding schedules of busy healthcare facilities.
Activate 5.25% institutional bleach is a fast sporicidal product that stays wet long enough to achieve its published kill claims on a surface, eliminating the need for repeated applications for label compliance. It kills spores in four minutes, an appreciably faster contact time than those of leading hospital disinfectants on the market today, and is significantly more economical than wipes or other ready-to-use bleach products. The innovative new Activate system eliminates the human error and safety hazards of manually mixing, measuring, labeling, dating, and wasting involved with daily bleach preparation.
Healthcare systems are also under considerable pressure to reduce the amount of waste leaving their facilities. Facility management can significantly reduce plastic waste with one Activate sprayer and 12 compact 11-oz. bleach cartridges – instead of purchasing, transporting, and disposing of the typical 32-oz. disinfectant.
Activate Bleach Dilution System:
• EPA registered as a one-step cleaner and disinfectant effective against germs that cause healthcare-associated infections.
• Practical tool for hospitals, nursing homes, and other institutions.
• Widely used in laboratories because its unique dispenser delivers the highly effective 1:10 bleach solution recommended by CDC and other national authorities.
• Automatically dilutes EPA-registered 5.25% sodium hypochlorite with water as you spray, so the solution is always accurate when you pull the trigger.
• Fast and effective against:
- Clostridium Difficile (C.DIFF),
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV-1),
- Hepatitis B Virus (HBV),
- Vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus Faecalis (VRE), and
- Methicillan-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA).
• Disinfects hard surfaces such as enameled walls, glazed porcelain, laminated plastic, stainless steel, and glass.
• Sealed system prevents closed-cap concerns.
• Ergonomic – 3-finger trigger sprayer is comfortable to use.
• Sustainable packaging reduces plastic waste and saves in freight costs.
National Distribution Capability
Pro-Link’s national distribution capability enables facilities with multiple locations to use the same products and cleaning procedures universally in all their sites. This, combined with Pro-link’s comprehensive program for the Long Term Care (LTC) market and the availability of Activate through Pro-Link distributors, significantly enhances a LTC operator’s ability to properly clean and disinfect their facility. Activate is the ideal product to handle C.DIFF and other infectious problems. Now Pro-Link can assist LTC operators regardless of their locations.